Wednesday, November 3, 2010

problem solving


in a lotta ways fly fishing, fly tying and rod building are exercises in problem solving
we've been struggling in the shoppe
finding 60s and a perfect equilateral triangles
a problem I haven't really encountered before
occasionally sure?  but this has been consistent
and frustrating

I noticed my irons were out of square
so I spent over an hour trying to true them back up
when I did and put an edge back on them they wouldn't fit back into the plane
FUCK!
fortunately I anticipated that and ordered two new irons last week
they arrived today



notice the discrepancy in size...


anyways, there's a lesson in this and it's written on my job board
as seen in the first pic

I have been rushing things to meet a non-existent deadline 
nearly working in an assembly line fashion
we're done w/ that shit

No comments: