Saturday, January 9, 2010

hanging on by a thread

over the years I've become more and more fond of wrapping
perhaps becasue it means the rod is nearly done?
here we've decided to change things up a bit
red wraps w/ black tipping
a classic nod to brother shay

also mixed things up a bit w/ grip and reel seat
grip is preformed 6" superfine 
reel seat is custon built mesquite w/ black aluminum hardware

just made it by the skin of my teeth
time to order some more silk
as I've yet to wrap the ferrules
which still need bluing

rod is 6'8" 3wt F.E. Thomas taper
and we're itching to fish it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

mijo said...

oh, I'm not buying that.
it's the same as it ever was.
and I will keep it up.