Saturday, April 24, 2010

state of the craftsmanshit address #5


truth be told I've been neglecting ye olde rod shoppe that wrock
and I prefer fishing to building rods
and I've been getting in my fair share of fishing 
and yes I'm going after it again early next week

meanwhile there is work that remains to be done
pictured above is too little water in for repairs
yesterday saw me cut a new ferrule station on the butt
hopefully it'll hold up

also planed out the final piece of steve's 7012 which is ready for glue
while we wait for temps in the 80s

I also staggered and sized my latest rod a 6ft 3pc 3wt
I'm excited about this little rod
fast action and packable

a package arrived last week a heavy little box
filled w/ bottle openers (none of which work any better than a bic lighter)
and some tool maker clamps
which are pictured above and below
installed as support rails for the binding machine

close-up of large toolmaker clamp
since shooting these pics I've added two smaller clamps closer to the machine itself
thanks again amigo

that's about it for now.
certainly will check in after sticking some up in the high country
we love it up there

No comments: