Wednesday, February 9, 2011

niche rods and shitty fly swaps

I don't really know where I'm gonna go here
I read some crazy shit sometimes penned by warped minds
what is a niche rod?
a rod that fit you niche?
if that's the case why is it an anomaly?
sounds to me like the right rod for the job
you could say my first string bamboo fly rod is a niche rod
cause it fit my itch - whoopsie niche
7ft 3wt is perfect for me nearly everywhere I go

I was unfortunate enough to watch a fly swap evolve over the course of a year
and finally come to fruition
the whole thing was ridiculous
and nearly half the flies are hideous
which is the problem w/ fly swaps
don't get me wrong I'm not dissing the efforts of lesser tyers
they are doing the right thing strengthening they game playing w/ the big boys
shit needs to be acknowledged as shit and not praised
take off the kid gloves and tell it like it is
shit work needs to be improved upon and not lauded or encouraged

there's a lesson there I could learn maybe
I fuck things up from time to time
but try to always make them better

I may write more on this because there's more to the story

No comments: