Friday, February 11, 2011

rito's

this is the coolest restaurant I know of
not the best mind you, but the coolest
they do serve up what I consider to be the best meal in town
red or green chile burrito enchilada style 
so fugging good I was a regular customer for about four years or so
stopping by every wednesday to endure the unbelievable line


yesterday I returned for the first time in over two years
manohman I missed this place...
what makes rito's so cool is there is no sign no advertising no dining room
just a kitchen a lobby (usually jam packed in a snaking line) loaded w/ anticipation
of the savory goodness soon to be delivered to yer hands
a patio courtyard w/ a smattering of picnic tables is yer only seating option


yer best off just taking yer food home or to work
especially in the summer


menu choices are rather limited
which is fine and dandy because if you order a burro yer golden

anyways, yesterday I stopped by w/ my mom for lunch

we arrived around 1pm  and there was no line!
apparently the lunch rush was over
I don't remember ever not standing in line before...

I ordered my standard red chile burro enchilada style
mom got green chile enchilada style
ten minutes later we sat down to the best got am burros in the valley
hell the whole country
I've never had better anywhere
I will be back and damned soon

you owe it to yerself to find out for yerself 
unless you already know
if so, I'm merely preaching to the choir...

rito's is on the corner of 14th st and garfield

No comments: