Friday, January 14, 2011

playoff post


I picked up this t-shirt Christmas evening during our white elephant gift exchange
I like everything about it - color - design and most of all the restaurant
it is a very busy little hole in the wall on 38th street and indian school
sliders are the signature dish I guess, but there is so much on the menu that I want to try
nevertheless I always end up grabbing a couple sliders and a chili cheese dog and a budweiser
they even have brats as a special twice a week and you  can't beat that w/ a stick

unfortunately  I no longer live nearby though my mom, brother and sister do...
anyways, if I could that's where I'd be getting my weekend football grub

segueing to...this weekend's playoff predictions
after perfectly picking last week's games, this round is a little tougher

toughest game of the week to pick and prolly play...
I see the steelers over the ravens, despite the ravens being one of my favorite teams
I'll be rooting for them, but all the intangibles point to pittsburgh

my big game of the week - packers over falcons
falcons barely won week 12 despite near perfection from ryan and >100 yds from turner
again, I enjoy watching the falcons play, but I'm afraid I bleed green and gold baby

bears over seahawks - the cinderella run is over
UNLESS...seachix d can get steady pressure on cutler and rattle his fragile mental constitution
forcing oh let's say four turnovers
which is actually something I'd rather enjoy seeing
we hate the bears

is anyone picking the jets over the patriots?
not me even though it means again picking against one of my favorite teams
I'd sure like to see LT go for >100, but I don't think sanchez quite has what it takes
and no one is better prepared for this kinda game than the patriots

back to food...
made chicken and dumplings last night

mise en place


finished dish
it was delightful and I'm fixing to have a bowl once I sign off hear...

1 comment:

mijo said...

well - it looks like I've ended the week 7-1 in playoff predictions, with the j-e-t-s jets jets JETS knocking off the patriots. well done.

next weeks picks are easy packers over bears and I'll go w/ the jets in a road sweep.