Sunday, January 16, 2011

project rod

actually we had another visitor to ye olde rod shoppe yesterday morning
a gentleman and his wife from wisconsin dropped by to show me an old bamboo rod he had
I determined that it could be refinished and result in a serviceable fishing pole

I will prolly cut off the guides and strip away the varnish clean and polish grip ferrules and reelseat
this afternoon

the rod as received...




more to follow as work on the rod progresses...

wraps cut off


guides strap and ring hookkeeper and red agatine stripper


grip cleaned up and varnish stripped


close up


1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is such an amazing entry and I love to read more of it

so that I will be able to look over and have it as an

inspiration for further articles to write about when it

comes to updates on fly fishing stuffs and it's

pros and cons too. I do hope you will get to visit our

official website and let us know what you think about it.

Here is the link

http://www.sammaka.com/

Thanks ahead :)