Thursday, December 1, 2011

envy



pics posted for comparison purposes
top photo I ganked from my mentor and guru's blog, mike shay 
he runs his strips through a beveler machine to achieve rough 60 degree sides

whereas I do it by hand and it is toilsome at best
a machine would significantly increase my efficiency
as shay can zip 18 strips in less time than it takes me to hand plane one strip
yesterday I rough planed six strips and it took me the better part of a day

as you can see in the picture above I'm looking for  three 60 sides and three apexes
finish planing proceeds right quickly from there

so my favorite fishing buddy is a machinist
combine that skill w/ shay's knowledge and we could possibly build a beveler
we would like that

I spent an hour on a devilish strip this morning and I'm headed right back to it

No comments: